We help others succeed.
At Let’s Help, we are breaking the cycle of poverty one person at a time by providing critical resources in our community.
- Rent or utility payments to help people stay in their homes, keep the lights and water on, and avoid eviction.
- Help buying prescription medications or getting tooth extractions so that no one has to choose between feeding their children or following their doctor’s recommendations.
- Annually, we give more than $160,000 in financial help for rent, utilities and medical expenses.
- With help from Washburn Tech, we provide classes to help those whose education has taken a detour achieve their high school diploma.
- Classes for those 55 and older who need training and education to get back into the workforce or develop computer skills.
- Help to obtain a Kansas WORKReady! Certificate, which shows potential employers a person’s workplace skills, including math, reading and problem-solving.
- Annually, we provide educational opportunities to 250 students.
- Job readiness and employment placement services for those 55 and older to gain full-time employment.
- Training in job search and other work-related skills.
- Free hot meals Monday through Friday to anyone in our community who finds themselves needing a hot meal.
- Food pantry for emergency needs and food boxes for our neighbors.
- We serve 89,000 meals annually in our downtown Topeka lunchroom with the help of hundreds of volunteers, providing nearly 15,000 volunteer hours each year.
- Community Lunch Hours: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday
9:30-10:30 a.m. on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month
- We serve nearly 7,000 people through our food pantry every year, handing out more than 100,000 pounds of food annually.
- Gently used and new clothing for anyone in need from our clothing bank.
- Professional clothing in our Career Closet — both for interviews, office and industrial settings — to get people the right start at work.
- Clothing Bank Hours: 9:30-11 a.m. and 1:30-3 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:30-11 a.m. Fridays
- Career Closet Hours: 1-2 p.m. Wednesdays
Are you or someone you know in need any of the above services? Please call Let’s Help at 785-234-6208.